This wine is a lighter, fruitier, and more accessible take on the orange style. While 80 percent of the Pinot Gris grapes from each vintage are pressed off the skins and fermented as juice, the remaining 20 percent are naturally fermented on the skins for five days. This method produces a richer color in the glass, more tannins, and an incredible florality on both the nose and palate. With an abundance of stone fruit and bright citrus notes (think tangerine and kumquats), this wine is like liquid sunshine.
Mendocino County, California